Thursday, 17 October, 2019

Ex-FIFA president Sepp Blatter to attend Portugal's clash with Morocco

Luzhniki Stadium Over 1 mln people attend World Cup fan festival in Russia - Xinhua | English.news.cn
Deanna Wagner | 20 June, 2018, 09:49

Blatter will meet Putin on Wednesday, spokesman Thomas Renggli said, and watch Portugal take on Morocco at Moscow's Luzhniki stadium.

Around 100,000 Chinese could attend matches at the Russian Federation for the 2018 World Cup, according to figures for ticket sales and factoring in allocations to Chinese companies and FIFA partners.

The 82-year-old Blatter is banned from official football duty until October 2021 for financial misconduct during this 17-year rule.

Russian Federation is holding its first time ever edition of the FIFA World Cup, which kicked off in Moscow with a spectacular opening show at the Luzhniki Stadium on the night of June 14.

Blatter is being investigated by Swiss prosecutors for alleged corruption during his 17-year reign as head of world football's governing body.

3 confirmed dead in western Japan natural disaster
Pictures posted on Twitter showed signs at a train station that had fallen down and books thrown off shelves at a store. Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said authorities were assessing damage and that its top priority was the safety of residents.

Former FIFA President Sepp Blatter gestures during an interview with Reuters in Zurich, Switzerland April 10, 2018. "I am a huge fan of the game and that is why I chose to carve the Federation Internationale de Football Association world cup trophy", Singh said.

Putin's spokesman Dmitry Peskov said on Monday he did not know whether any meeting had been planned.

Banned former Federation Internationale de Football Association president Sepp Blatter will fly to Moscow on Tuesday, his spokesman told Reuters.

The teams were divided into eight groups, with four in each, and the top two from their relevant groups will proceed to the next round, known as the playoffs or the knockout stage, to keep vying for the much-coveted FIFA World Cup Trophy. No charges have yet been brought and Blatter has repeatedly denied any wrongdoing. It was reduced to six by FIFA's appeals panel.