Tuesday, 18 December, 2018

Man who harassed Yellowstone bison arrested

Sandy Nunez | 06 August, 2018, 18:40

National Park Service Rangers arrested the man who infamously went one-on-one with a bison at Yellowstone this week.

The US National Park Service said 55-year-old Raymond Reinke of Pendleton, Oregon, caused a disturbance on Thursday in Many Glacier Hotel.

Glacier rangers turned Reinke over to Yellowstone rangers at Helena, Montana, late Thursday night. It was after this encounter, in which Reinke was given a citation, that officials said they believe the bison confrontation occurred.

It turns out that Reinke was visiting the park while out on bond after authorities arrested him on July 28 for drunk and disorderly conduct.

Reinke was then stopped in Yellowstone on July 31 for a traffic violation.

Yellowstone rangers received several wildlife harassment reports and issued Reinke a citation Wednesday evening before the video surfaced. "The request was granted and on the night of August 2, a warrant was issued for Reinke's arrest".

During this exchange, Reinke reportedly told rangers he had plans to travel to Glacier next.

Why Jurgen Klopp is finding it EASIER to sign players
He needed 15 stitches in what manager Jurgen Klopp described as a "crazy cut". We are on the screen now for all the players in the world.

Simultaneous with the search for Reinke's auto, rangers responded to a call at the Many Glacier Hotel. At that time rangers responded to a disturbance at a hotel dining room where two people were arguing. Rangers identified one of the individuals as Reinke, and arrested him.

Rangers identified one of the guests as Reinke, who was sent back to Yellowstone and appeared in US court Friday.

Reinke was later cited after another Yellowstone visitor took video of him walking up to a bison in a roadway congested with stopped cars and waving his arms. He is scheduled for a court appearance today. Reinke appeared to be intoxicated and argumentative, according to park staff.

On Thursday, Aug. 2, Yellowstone rangers working with their counterparts in Grand Teton Park were able to connect the dots in Reinke's record of criminal activity in the two parks. They also said they cited him on Monday for not wearing a seatbelt.

The rangers were unaware of the bond conditions from the incident in Grand Teton National Park.

In a video that has circulated widely on Facebook, Reinke can be seen following the bison as it crosses the road, getting its attention and taking a menacing stance resembling that of a bullfighter.

"Feeding, touching, teasing, frightening or intenentional disturbing of wildlife".