Thursday, 13 December, 2018

Yemen war: Mass funeral held for children killed in bus attack

The schoolboys on a field trip in Yemen were chatting and laughing. Then came the airstrike 'For my son, I will take revenge’ - Thousands mourn dozens of Yemeni children killed by coalition air strike
Deanna Wagner | 15 August, 2018, 10:54

Unlike many other news organizations, we have not put up a paywall.

The Saudi-led coalition struck a school bus in the Dahyan area of the Houthi-controlled Saada province last Thursday, leaving 51 dead, a lot of them children, and injuring at least 79 others.

Ahmed bin Daghr reaffirmed the Yemeni government's intention to support the talks starting on September 6 and said the intervention of the Saudi-led Arab Coalition had helped his country stand up to Iran's interference through the Houthi rebels.

Defense officials described the US general's visit as a fact-finding mission and said the United States would not conduct a separate investigation.

Scores of Yemeni children rallied in the capital Sana'a on Sunday to decry the deadly invasion.

The coalition announced afterwards that it had ordered an investigation into the strike, which it initially said had targeted Huthi rebel combatants.

Over 10,000 MK-series bombs have been sold to the coalition since the war began, despite an global outcry over the coalition's near-constant targeting of civilians and critical infrastructure.

U.S. man flies plane into home after fight
The troubled couple had been drinking and had gone to a scenic local spot to talk their problems through, Sgt. The Federal Aviation Administration and National Transportation Safety Board are investigating the incident.

Meanwhile, President Donald Trump has enthusiastically continued the long-standing USA policy of backing the Saudi regime no matter how many innocent people it slaughters in Yemen, openly applauding the kingdom for buying so much American weaponry. "We don't have a lot of people on the ground". "And yet there's been no public debate about the murky USA role out of this, and no clarification from the White House or the Pentagon over what we hope to accomplish by our support of the mayhem".

A child holds a fragment of the US -made MK-82 bomb used in last Thursday's massacre of Yemeni schoolchildren.

However, U.S. complicity in last Thursday's bombing of a school bus goes far beyond merely providing the munitions used.

The U.S. backs the Saudi-led coalition by supplying bombs, intelligence, and fuel for Saudi planes.

Al-Mashat said that it is highly probable that the US-backed Saudi coalition attacks residential areas, medical centers and public and private properties, and added that Yemeni forces should be ready for that.

Huthi officials gave a death toll of 51, including 40 children, and labelled the raid a "crime by America and its allies against the children of Yemen".

However, the weapons companies themselves, regardless of the damage their products cause, continue to be free of any and all liability. Yemen's shiite rebels are backing a United Nations' call for an investigation into the airstrike in the country's north that hit a bus carrying civilians, many of them school children in a busy market, killing dozens of people including many children.