Saturday, 24 August, 2019

One dead, two injured, in Melbourne stabbing incident

A police spokesman said that authorities are not looking for any other offender A police spokesman said that authorities are not looking for any other offender
Deanna Wagner | 09 November, 2018, 10:02

Police shot a man who threatened officers with a knife and he is in a critical condition in hospital, Victoria Police Superintendent David Clayton said.

One of the stabbing victims died at the scene while two are in hospital.

Video shot my a member of the public appears to show the suspect attempting to attack police with a knife and trolly before a shot is fired.

A knifeman allegedly stabbed a shopper to death on Melbourne's Bourke Street Mall and injured two others. One of the cops then shoots him.

Police officers at the scene on Bourke Street in Melbourne after a man attacked others with a knife.

One of the officers raises his weapon, a shot is heard and the man falls to the ground clutching his chest.

He is under guard in hospital in a critical condition.

Victoria Police said officers "initially responded to a report of a auto on fire" in the city center at around 4:20pm local time, as people began to leave work for the weekend.

"There is no known links to terrorism at this stage we will keep an open mind as to whether there is any link".

Blizzard denies it canceled a Diablo 4 announcement at BlizzCon
Many of them are being developed internally only, and we'll have information to share on those in the future. It's safe to say the Diablo Immortal reveal at BlizzCon over the weekend was a bit of a disaster.

The exact circumstances are yet to be determined at this stage.

He said: "Three people have been stabbed, unfortunately one of them is deceased at the scene". One was understood to be in critical condition. Meanwhile, a auto can be seen blazing on the side of the pavement at the scene.

'Police response was swift and overwhelming.

Another said they heard "what sounded like a bomb and gun shot".

- windix (@windix) November 9, 2018On Bourke St. Roads blocked. Some witnesses said the vehicle exploded before the man began stabbing people.

Panicked pedestrians ran in all directions away from the scene, some hiding in nearby cafes and shops, locking themselves in back rooms.

The Metropolitan Fire Brigade said the fire was contained within 10 minutes.

Mr Hair said two civilians became involved as well as two police, trying to stop the man from his attack.

It comes as a trial continues into the horrifying rampage in Bourke St in January previous year.