"The safety of U.S. citizens that live in, work in, and visit the Dominican Republic remains our highest priority", Robin Bernstein, the U.S. Ambassador to the Dominican Republic, said in a statement to ABC News. We offer our sincerest condolences to the family for their loss.
Federal Bureau of Investigation officials have confidence instructed Dominican authorities that getting outcomes of the toxicology analysis could perhaps bewitch up to 30 days.
"We ask every person to be patient whereas these investigations bustle their course", an announcement from the U.S. Embassy in the Dominican Republic reads.
Dominican authorities have yet to give the family a cause of death, Arnold said.
Since March, nearly 70 people have reported becoming "violently" ill while on vacation in the Dominican Republic, according to iwaspoisoned.com - a website that tracks food-borne illness outbreaks. "We have so many questions", she continued.
Three other American tourists were found dead in their rooms in another hotel on the Caribbean island at the end of May.
Miranda Schaup-Werner, 41, of Pennsylvania, died suddenly on May 25 after checking into a resort with her husband to celebrate their wedding anniversary. A toxicology report on Day and Holmes is still pending. So far, authorities have said that the deaths are unrelated.
Each the Giant Bahia Principe La Romana and the Luxurious Bahia Principe Bouganville are bustle by Bahia Principe Hotels & Hotels, which is a subsidiary of the Spanish company Grupo Pinero.
Bahia Principe Hotels & Resorts said it followed all security protocols. We haven't heard enough and that's part of the problem. No assorted drugs had been came all the device via. Families say at least three of the hotel guests died soon after having drinks from mini-bars.
In a separate case, a woman in DE said she was allegedly beaten for eight hours by a resort employee before he dumped her in a hole and she was found by search groups.
Day's sister Sonya Jackson previously told NBC that the family doubts respiratory issues caused the deaths of the couple and said there would be another autopsy done once the bodies were flown to the United States.
"People report food-borne illnesses but it's possible that they experienced some other type of contamination", said Patrick Quade, founder of iwaspoisoned.com, adding that he had consulted with scientists with regards to the findings.
Knull and Schwander told ABC Denver affiliate KMGH that they woke up in the room early one morning covered in sweat. They said they had been also drooling excessively and their eyes would now not cease watering. Authorities originally described the deaths as taking place in the same hotel.
According to tests done on their return home, they could have been exposed to pesticides used against ants and cockroaches.