At a press conference on Thursday, Dominican Republic Tourism Minister Francisco Garcia insisted the island was safe as more tourists reportedly cancel their vacation plans.
Wallace's condition worsened and he was hospitalized April 13 after being checked by a hotel doctor, Arnold said.
Wallace, who died on April 14, was in the country for his stepson's wedding. Authorities claimed that she too died of pulmonary edema and respiratory failure, although a family spokesman said that police did a "very cursory [look] into determining the cause of death".
"We don't want to jump to conclusions, but it seems like the embassy, sounds like now the Federal Bureau of Investigation, is involved", Tickenhoff said.
Two other deaths that have recently come to light occurred more than a year apart at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in the resort town of Punta Cana.
David Harrison, 45, had died at the same hotel in July 2018. Harrison, however, underwent a physical exam before the trip and the results showed that he was physically well. "My husband's story needs to be told ... something's not right in the Dominican Republic".
Three people whose deaths have been confirmed all arrived on May 25 in San Pedro de Macoris, a seaside resort in the south of the Caribbean country, Dominican authorities said. "We reiterate our firm commitment to cooperate fully with the authorities and we expect a quick resolution of your consultations and actions, and we will not make any other statements that could interfere with them". They were found dead on May 30.
Since March, nearly 70 people have reported becoming "violently" ill while on vacation in the Dominican Republic, according to iwaspoisoned.com - a website that tracks food-borne illness outbreaks.
'Love Island''s Sherif has been kicked off the show In one shocking scene the reality TV star was seen shouting and screaming after Kady accidentally spilt her wine over her leg. United Kingdom broadcaster ITV has confirmed that the show's producers and Lanre "mutually agreed" that he would leave.
"We have so many questions", Arnold told Fox.
Sport had a drink from the minibar inside her hotel room, went to bed and never woke up, Nieves said. The family has yet to learn what his cause of death is, his niece said.
"We were promised within three months that we would receive a toxicology report".
The sister of Philadelphia woman Yvette Monique Short, 51, last week called for answers after her sister died suddenly while staying at the Bahia Principe last June. "Out of respect for the privacy of her family, we have no further comment at this time".
Meanwhile, Colorado couple Kaylynn Knull and Tom Schwander told CNN that they suffered from headaches, abdominal cramps and diarrhea after encountering a strong smell of chemicals in the La Romana hotel in June 2018.
They were sick for six weeks. The couple were scheduled to return to the US that day.
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana is a resort known for its breath taking views.