Tuesday, 02 June, 2020

Intruder breaks into Buckingham Palace while the Queen sleeps

Intruder breaks into Buckingham Palace while the Queen sleeps Intruder breaks into Buckingham Palace while the Queen sleeps
Adrian Cunningham | 11 July, 2019, 19:11

Fagan scaled a palace drainpipe to enter the queen's bedroom and sat chatting with her for 10 minutes before she was able to summon help.

"Officers quickly established that he wasn't carrying any weapons and the incident isn't terror related".

There were apparently fears the man was attempting a copycat operation to Michael Fagan who famously broke into the Queen's bedroom nearly 37 years ago to the day.

The man is now being held at a central London police station.

A year ago a homeless man who trespassed in the grounds of Buckingham Palace and damaged items before sleeping on them was jailed for 28 days.

Luckily, police who are part of the monarch's main security detail were able to apprehend him before he got any further, and none of the royal family is believed to have been in any danger.

A 22-year-old man tried to break into Buckingham Palace last night while Queen Elizabeth was sleeping.

The London-born father-of-four also wandered barefoot through the Palace corridors, drank Prince Charles' wine and urinated in the food bowls of the Queen's corgis.

Mexico Finance Minister Urzua quits, Herrera named successor
President AMLO made a statement shortly after Urzua's resignation saying that "Urzua is not in agreement with the governments decisions" and nominated his Deputy Finance Minister Herrera to replace Urzua.

A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said: "The 22-year-old man was arrested at approximately 2am on Wednesday July 10 by officers from the Met's Royalty and Specialist Protection Command after he climbed over the front gates at Buckingham Palace".

An intruder has broken into Buckingham Palace as the Queen slept just metres away.

"The police eventually detained him under the mental health act, but they have to ask some serious questions about how he got on and how he had so long to roam free", the source says.

The royal source added: "This intruder got into the Palace nearly 37 years to the day since Michael Fagan ended up getting inside the Queen's bedroom".

"Now, he was able to get over the fence, wander towards the palace - the police detained him after only four minutes".

The Queen had just returned home from a trip to Cambridge when the incident took place.

"He was determined to get inside the palace and was banging down the doors but, thank goodness, this time everything was locked up".

It was the Queen's long-time aide Paul Whybrew - still employed by the Queen to this day - who came to the rescue.