Tuesday, 20 October, 2020

'Useless' man wakes up 24 hours after household places him in freezer

Salem freezer Mistakenly dem bin declare say Oga Balasubramanyam don die come put an for mortuary
Deanna Wagner | 18 October, 2020, 12:46

Police on Tuesday rescued an elderly Indian man from a freezer box after his family, who presumed him dead, left him in there overnight. His family took him to hospital on Monday though doctors could not find anything wrong with him, the Metro reported.

Mr Balasubramanyam was kept in the freezer after he was allegedly declared dead by a private hospital in the southern state of Tamil Nadu on Monday.

Upon being questioned at the time when Balasubramaniakumar was rescued alive from the freezer, his brother Saravanan had said that his brother's soul was yet to leave his body.

He said doctors had no information about how long the patient stayed inside the freezer and whether his death was related to that.

Sub-inspector Rajasekaran of the Sooramangalam Police told The Independent that a case has been filed under Sections 287 (negligent conduct to endanger human life) and 336 (act endangering life or personal safety of others) of the Indian Penal Code. As per reports, a case has been registered against the victim's family for negligence.

Ontario reporting over 800 new coronavirus cases with majority in Toronto
Critical care admissions to hospitals were on the rise, and he wanted to protect long-term care homes, hospitals and schools. Vera Etches told Council that Ottawa had the highest rate of people testing positive for COVID-19 in Ontario.

Salem police chief Senthil Kumar, say di family neva fit produce di medical certificate for im death. The agency that provided the freezer box was scheduled to take the box back on Tuesday. The wife of the deceased Balasubramanian Kumar (73) died two years ago.

On Tuesday, the undertakers who arrived to collect the "body" found him alive and shivering in the freezer.

The funeral company said they were told by Balasubramanyam's brother that he had "a signed letter of a doctor regarding his demise".

It is unclear whether the private hospital where he was supposedly declared dead is being investigated; nor is it clear how Balasubramanyam survived for nearly 24 hours in the freezer box.